Being a Big Brother or Sister is one of the most enjoyable and fulfilling things you’ll ever do — you can empower a child to fulfill their potential. It’s more important now than ever as COVID-19 continually changes life for our communities, and kids need Bigs like you to bring support and instill confidence as we all navigate this challenging time.
Big Brothers Big Sisters serves young people from age five through young adulthood in one-to-one mentoring friendships. Bigs and Littles hang out 2-3 times a month for a few hours doing normal, everyday activities, like seeing a movie, doing homework, playing games, going on a hike, or just hanging out.
Each match is supported by a dedicated Match Support Specialist who is always there to provide resources and support specific to the Little’s age. With a Big in their life, Littles ignite their potential as they grow in their self-esteem, earn better grades, and develop a lifelong friendship with their Big.
Read about our Bigs of the Year for some amazing stories of what it means to be a mentor.
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of one-year commitment
- Minimum of 2-4 hours spent per month
- Willing to communicate monthly with Match Support Specialist
- Ability to commit to a one-to-one relationship with a young person
- Must have a vehicle for transportation
- Must complete all components of the enrollment process, including background check, references, interview and pre-match training